As our brave lads on the Solent have pointed out:
"Whilst it is almost impossible to say with any certainty what a terrorist might look like, an individual’s activity or behaviour can become suspicious in the context of the location they are in. "The latest terror trial has already given us vital pointers to these wily characters. You can be fairly sure you're dealing with one if they meet these scientific benchmarks:
- Assumed name: Treat with caution anyone who introduces themselves as 'Osama bin London' as they may not be all they seem
- Menacing behaviour: If they make veiled threats such as 'I've got a bomb and I'm going to blow you all up', you might well have one of these radical rascals on your hands.
- Bad company: Often surrounded by shady characters, 'Mr Hamid's home was bugged by the security services and an undercover police officer penetrated the group's activities'
- Inexplicable activity: Watch out for bizarre child like behaviour '...seen to adopt positions from which they fired imaginary weapons and pretended to remove the pin from grenades before throwing them...'
- Strange Diet: The real giveaway is cultural. If they talk about this:
It is almost certain something's not quite right.
I feel, in my very marrow, that further vital information is to be gleaned from these proceedings. We are gaining an insight into a terrifying world but, as they say at the end of crimewatch: